
Here is Bob introducing to the world, Gary Friere, atop Wolf Creek Pass (11,000') Gary came all the way here by bicycle from Brooklyn New York. Look for Gary on American Idol as he sings his original hit "Iris".
It should also be noted that Gary is very fast on his bicycle. We passed him a day later, yup he was ahead of us.
Here is a picture from Mesa Verde. This is an ancient peublo indian village built into the side of a cliff. These cliff dwellers grew corn, squash, and beans up on top of the mesa, then carried everything down here to store it and to have community living activities.
Here is Dave Mix. Yes he actually caught us in CO. In most of the passes we crossed Thursday, there was some snow. This picture was taken in Red Mountain Pass probably about 11,000 feet. Glad you made it Dave and didn't bring the rain with you.
1 comment:
If I ever get to ride through Wolf Creek Pass I know I'll have to stop and play the song by C.W. McCall, "Wolf Creek Pass." And I'd probably try to be sure I had equipped whatever vehicle I was driving with a "fully illuminated genuine accessory shift knob."
Thanks for the great pictures.
Kevin
Post a Comment